This Mushroom Bacon Burger Salad Bowl is my new favorite food finds! I can’t wait to try this recipe – check it out!
Believe it or not, for two years of my life, I was a vegetarian for health and diet reasons. Then, like something from a movie, a restaurant accidentally served me a beef burger instead of a veggie burger. Before I knew what was happening, I tasted that unique, life-affirming grilled-burger taste, and I never went back. Now, I’m not saying anyone should quit their vegetarian or vegan lifestyle – more power to you, that life isn’t easy! But I had to learn to adjust again; how do I bring my love for all things burgers without eating a bacon cheeseburger for every meal? This Mushroom Bacon Burger Salad Bowl recipe is precisely what I’m looking for!
I’m not saying it’s a healthy option, but at least I’m getting in a few vegetables and leaving out the oversized bun. You could make a few more healthy substitutions if this is still too much – leave out the bacon, use less cheese, and of course, substitute ground turkey for beef, if you can stand that kind of thing (I cannot… CANNOT!) If you’re ready to give the Mushroom Bacon Burger Salad Bowl and Warm Dijon Vinegarette recipe a try, here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces of spring greens or baby spinach
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
Do you have everything you need? Then learn how to put your Mushroom Bacon Burger Salad Bowl and Warm Dijon Vinegarette recipe together at howsweeteats.com.